Membership of the Australian Podiatry Association (NSW&ACT) means conference and continued professional development (CPD) discounts, discounted member insurance, free advice and services and connects you with over 750 members of the podiatry community in NSW & ACT, keeping you up-to-date on issues and news at a state and national level.
Wide-ranging Benefits and Services including:
- Continuing Professional Development
- The Association offers face-to-face CPD via events held at the Association offices in Sydney and in regional areas. We are now offering online videos of CPD presentations for those who are unable to attend or who are in regional areas.
- Bi-annual state conference: NSW&ACT hold the biggest state conference each year.
- National Conference member pricing: 24-27 May 2017 in Melbourne
- Webinars: The Association has committed to holding regular webinars throughout the CPD year.
- For more information click here
- Discounted professional indemnity insurance with Insurance House. For more information please click here.
- Regular Updates: weekly enews keeps you up-to-date on current issues and activities and Footprints Magazine – our bi-monthly journal.
- Association staff who are able to assist with your queries and issues, simply call (02) 9698 3751.
- New Graduate Handbook and advice
- Free classifieds for members: looking for a new employee or got equipment to sell? This is your first stop.
- A listing on Find a Podiatrist website – accessed by members of the public and other health providers which also links back to your own web page - a great promotional tool.
- Discounted practice accreditation with QIP
- Career Framework: Opportunity to get a national certification in your chosen interest area e.g. paediatrics, sports/biomechanics or high risk foot.
- Use of the official, trademarked "P" logo for the exclusive use of member podiatrists.
- Free HR and IR consultant via Wentworth Advantage – free HR information and guidance on industrial relations and OH&S issues
- Funded submissions to the Journal of Foot and Ankle Research (JFAR).
- Public and members only website
- Access to the weekly FootScope series of personalised, electronic patient information sheets and posters.
- National member survey results.
- Promotional brochures and forms
- Free use of our facilities at Surry Hills - click here for more information
- Networking opportunities – conferences and courses
- Practice Guidelines and documentation from AHPRA
- Advocacy and resources available from the Australasian Podiatry Council
- Brand-building: The Association’s promotion of podiatry has increased media coverage for podiatry and improved public awareness of podiatry. Facebook and Twitter are also helping you connect. We now have over 800 followers on Facebook!
- Practice Management tools including:
- Podiatry Manual
- Infection Control Guidelines and templates
- Privacy Guidelines and templates
- The Billing Guide
- OH&S assessment templates
- Podiatry Assessment and Care Plan forms
- Diabetes Foot Assessment forms
- Podiatry Continuing Care Plan forms
- Doctor reporting forms
Membership Benefits Australia member program - fancy a new BMW? MBA provides member discounts on holidays, cars, theatre tickets, restaurants etc. If you are a member go to the Member Resources section and click on 'Member Benefits Australia' page to access the offers.